One of my favorite presenters is Dan Dunlop, president of Jennings.
I acknowledge my prejudice, since Dan and I partner in this wonderful work of developing online communities for patients. But it is true. Dan is warm and personable and informative and just plain smart with great stories to tell. I love to hear him talk about healthcare.
That’s why I’m excited to announce an upcoming webinar. Dan will present “A Vision of Healthcare Marketing as Online Community Building” on January 28, at 1 p.m. EST/10 a.m. PST. I’ll play the stress-free role of Dan’s webinar host!
Dan is a healthcare marketer, innovator, brand consultant, blogger, author, and sought-after speaker, regularly serving on the faculty of national and regional healthcare conferences.
Marketing professionals must become community-builders
A thought leader in the field of healthcare marketing, Dan is perhaps best known for his work related to the roles of social media and online patient support communities in healthcare. He speaks with conviction when he tells clients and audiences that within this new healthcare eco-system, marketing professionals must become community-builders, facilitators and managers, rather than mere content developers and distributors.
Instead of deluging consumers with advertising, let’s:
- involve them in conversations that are relevant to their life and their health.
- create online environments where they can share information with others facing similar health challenges.
You can create a sense of community through in-person interaction as well as the use of digital platforms including Facebook, blogs and online patient support communities.
Even hospital websites can improve by integrating a community-building mindset.
Big dividends for healthcare organizations
The effort spent building communities of shared interest has the potential to pay big dividends for healthcare organizations and provide opportunities for consumer engagement and education.
When you attend the webinar, you’ll gain expert insights into:
- Engaging consumers in their own heath and wellbeing.
- Developing online communities to empower brand advocates and generate positive word-of-mouth advertising.
- Impacting the positive health and lifestyle behaviors of community members.
- Looking beyond traditional advertising to create value.
Register today. You’ll be glad you did.